Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mason, Mason



I CAN'T believe that you are already one!!! Over the last year you have gone from a tiny newborn to a thriving toddler always one the hunt for something to do. I cannot imagine my life without my sweet little man... you always seem to brighten my day with your snuggles and babbling.


When you were born I worried about how your brothers would treat you. I have to say you three have your moments of sibling rivalry... in fact there are days that it doesn't seem to let up. I do see OFTEN the love that your brothers have for you and in those moments you all melt my heart.

Jaden is closest to you in age and has had the hardest time adjusting to your presence in the family. It is when Jaden follows you into a room and shuts and locks the door so that you will have no choice but to play with him that I chuckle at the way in which his love manifests. He can't wait for you to run around and play with him!!! Ethan is your protector (OK, most of the time) I find you on his lap snuggling when he thinks no one is looking. He helps you down the stairs and out of the highchair even when it may get him in trouble. I think your brothers will one day become your greatest allies.


Mason you have been blessed with the sweetest temperament and oodles of patience. I am often saddened when you are forced to wait to get your needs met or to have that extra cuddle time that you love so much. It's no wonder that many have commented on the death grip you have on me when you are in my arms... I can only imagine what is going through your little head. "If I hold on tight she can't put me down!" There are time when I literally peel you off of my shirt/pants/dress one finger at a time. I try to limit the times that I put you down unwillingly because I know that one day my arms will ache to hold my sweet baby Mason once again!!!

Mason my world was forever changed by your AMAZING birth and you are an even more AMAZING little person. I am SO blessed to be your Mommy and I will continue to try to be worthy of the job that I have been entrusted to do, raising my three precious little boys.

1 comment:

Robert and Michaelene Duree said...

Mason is so cute!! You have the sweetest boy!!! Thanks so much for all your help
Love ya tons!!!