Saturday, November 1, 2008

All Moved In

OK... so it has been a while since I have posted and let me tell you there has NOT been a shortage of comical things to write about!!! We are officially moved into our new home in Wentzville, MO and with three little ones running around it has been a GREAT workout. It feels like I have not sat down in weeks... I am the new energizer bunny I just keep running and running and running.

I am one that cannot stand to look at boxes waiting to be unpacked... I am like Alice in Wonderland even though the boxes don't actually say "unpack me" but I just can't stand being half done with anything.

The boys have done really well adjusting to the new house and even Rick (who originally protested the move) has fallen in love with all of the space that he has now claimed as his own. It seems as though things are falling into place for each of us and we have already made a few friends in the new neighborhood.

Halloween is ALWAYS a fun time for our family and this year was NO EXCEPTION!!! We were able to construct our haunted Halloween gingerbread house just in time for Halloween (this tradition could NOT be passed up, move or no).



This is the ONLY picture I got of the construction of our Halloween house as I was busy making more orange frosting for decorating... the boys were just SO excited they were using icing as fast as I could make it!!!

We got our pumpkins carved on Halloween when Daddy came home from work. Ethan and I made the most original pumpkin EVER... Rudolph the red nosed pumpkin!!! Ethan started drawing the face on the pumpkin and made the eyes so big that there was little room for a nose... I quickly ran to my craft room and got some supplies. We hot glued a glittery red pom pom on the pumpkin and gave it some antlers. Ethan thought this was the best solution ever and quickly changed his sad demeanor.



Jaden and Daddy finished their happy pumpkin and we got ready in our costumes.



Ethan chose to be a green Power Ranger, Jaden wanted to be Spiderman, Mason was forced into the CUTEST Batman costume ever, and Daddy was the Incredible Hulk (to stick with the theme). I was lame and didn't pull a costume together for myself... so I was SUPERMOM!!! I think anyone who is the mother of three boys and can unpack a whole house in one week is a SUPERMOM so it worked!!! We had a GREAT night and despite all the energy the boys used up they still had a hard time coming down from the sugar rush that accompanies the holiday but we did get them to bed eventually!

1 comment:

Tony and Tiffany said...

You totally know that you need to post pics of the superheroes!!! Your kids crack my up!!!